- South Texas Regional Training Center (STRTC)
South Texas Regional Training Center (STRTC)
South Texas Regional Training Center (STRTC): The South Texas Regional Training Center opened in August 2011, with on-site distance learning academic courses offered by Southwest Texas Junior College. The STRTC offers academic courses and other classes including; vocational/technical trade courses such as, welding, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), medical training, technology-based courses, and much more. The STRTC has conference rooms that accommodate meetings, training's and seminars
What is offered:
- City of Hondo STRTC - Meeting room(s) available to rent for small business meetings, trainings or private functions, event room available for larger gatherings. Student lounge open to SWTJC and Dual Credit students with private Wi-Fi, assistance with SWTJC and FAFSA applications available by appointment. 830-741-8347
- SWTJC- Local campus to Medina county and surrounding areas, affordable tuition, day and evening classes. Programs include: GED, Welding, HVAC, Patient Care Technician (PCT), and Associate Degrees. Students can enjoy the lounge, private Wi-Fi, small class settings and select in-person courses available. Contact: 830-426-2018. You can also visit SWTJC.EDU
- Workforce Solutions Alamo: Guidance with employment search, job training, youth and adult programs with tuition assistance for vocational programs, applications submissions, resumes, job fair events, transportation support. Open Monday through Friday 8 am-5 pm. Call 830-426-8111 for more information. Walk-ins always welcome.
- AACOG Alamo Regional Transit (ART) - ART serves 12 rural counties including Medina County by providing transportation bus service to residents. Service to and from Bexar County and San Antonio available. ART provides demand response, curb-to-curb transportation service. Contact: 866-889-7433
Visit our Facebook page or call Abby DeLeon at 830-741-8347 for more information
Directions from San Antonio: Take Highway 90 west into Hondo. Near the west side of town, turn right at the last stoplight onto Castro Avenue. Turn right at the first street (Carter St.) and go approximately 0.25 mile. The South Texas Regional Training Center will be on your left before you approach the stop sign.
Directions from Uvalde: Take Highway 90 east into Hondo. At the 1st stoplight, take a left onto Castro Avenue. Turn right at the first street (Carter St.) and go approximately 0.25 mile. The South Texas Regional Training Center will be on your left before you approach the stop sign.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the City of Hondo. The City of Hondo has no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.