South Texas Regional Airport at Hondo
The South Texas Regional Airport is a former Army Air Corp military facility, constructed in 1942, that is classified as a general aviation airport. The airport can be accessed from U.S. 90 and FM 462.
- Courtesy car available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Four active runways and associated taxiways
- Approach/landing aids, including PAPI 4's for Runway 17L-35R as well as GPS-WAAS Approaches for 17L-35R
- Modern 4000 sq.ft. Terminal Building, including vistor's waiting area, complete pilot lounge, flight planning area, restrooms with showers, free WI-FI, and available private conference room. Terminal Building is available to pilots 24 hours a day.
- Aircraft Parking available from Cessna 152's to Gulfstreams to Boeing 737's.
Enclosed and Open Storage Hangars available for lease.
State of the Art Self Service and Full Service Aircraft Fueling Facilities
- After hours full service fueling available upon request
Airport Development Opportunities
Large apron area
Availability of larger hangar space
Extensive land holdings
Well-developed infrastructure including highway, rail lines, all utilities
Available space for development of a Foreign Trade Zone
Available space for industrial development